I’ve been having a lot of fun with my iPhone lately! Thought I’d share the joy. Here are the top five new or notable apps I’ve been using.
1) Songza. The concierge feature is killer! It’s really easy to find an enjoyable playlist for any activity you might be doing, whether it be driving, working, relaxing, or saving the world.
2) Waze. It’s a fully-functional GPS with turn-by-turn navigation on your phone. There’s a big social element as well – you can notify others about traffic, police, and road obstructions. One of my favorite, but simple, features is the fact that you can listen to music while using it. When directions are being given, the music drops to the background.
3) Duolingo. You may remember me talking about Duolingo in the past, but now they have an app! It’s only a couple weeks old, but let’s you learn a language on the go. Awesome.
4) Highlight. This app tells you when there are others near you with similar interests. I really like the concept, but it’s not all that useful until a bunch of people are on it. So get it! It’s available for iOS and Android.
5) Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. This entire game has just been released for iOS, and will be coming out for Android soon. Explore the entire city and do missions on your phone. Mind-blowing. Your also able to create a playlist in iTunes and listen to it as a radio station in the game.